Introduce Yourself

mcmonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Helper
Welcome to the new Denizen forum!

Post in this topic a quick message describing yourself.

Some things you can mention:

- Your name, your age, your location, etc.
- Any scripts you've written, or want to write eventual
- What experience you have in or out of Denizen
- What you like to do for fun
- Whatever else you feel like sharing!

mcmonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Helper
Let's start this off...

Hello, all!
I'm mcmonkey, at time of writing I am 19, living in Los Angeles, California.
I've written a ton of scripts - most of them are private or just not shared. Some examples are: dTravelers, dSentry, Torch Light, Denizzlin, Chats Pings, Chat Alerts, ...
I have a lot of experience in Java and Denizen. In fact, I /created/ modern Denizen, using Java. I also have experience in C, C#, GLSL, and many other programming languages.
I can't do art at all, so I usually end up hiring people to do that for me.
Code is life.

Anthony

Aug 5, 2016
MEOW!
I am who i am and that's all that i am. I'm Anthony the coder man!
For serials... if you don't know who i am, you really ought to. KEEP UP!
I'm the guy doing things that are generally way to complicated for others to even begin to comprehend... replacing plugins such as MultiVerse, WorldGuard, WorldEdit... making complete systems that give end users a complete product that puts other plugins to shame. I focus intensely of details and am not satisfied with the 'just good enough' mentality. Do it right, and do it the best you can, or don't do it at all. If you use a script written by me you can safely assume that it's rock solid and feature packed and has that 'wow' factor your players want.
Enough self flagellation?

luigi_vampa

Aug 6, 2016
Go on then, why not!

I'm luigi_vampa, 37, kids, mortgage, blah blah blah! Self employed gardener who likes Lego, electronics, landscaping and politics. MC was right up my street! Reasonably capable in C#, PHP, Javascript, HTML but I avoid Java like the plague because there's not enough hours in the day to even look at plugins.

I run a Star Wars server (so tempted to insert shameless plug!) and have been poking at denizen since they were Questers in the first Citizen I think it was. Having had plugin for so long I've written hundreds of scripts including daily tax and pay roll scripts, prohibited items and jail time scripts, endless excuses for bashing Stormtroopers about, hit list and payment scripts for Boba Fett and even hyper-drive engine scripts for the Millennium Falcon for Inter-world travel.

Long term aim is to complete a script that covers the story of A New Hope from Lars' farm to the destruction of the Death Star.

X8qLoNQ.png

Mwthorn

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Aug 6, 2016
Roskilde, Sjælland, Denmark
ggpvp.dk
Hi everyone! Mwthorn here. I'm 20 years old and live in Denmark.
I've been writing Denizen scripts for around 4-5 years for a few Minecraft Servers such as Kuleland and GGPVP with over 150+ players online every day.
I have coded since 6th Grade from Scratch to C and have most experience in Python and Java

Also I like Pokemon but that's a bit of a secret. (My favorite is Latias
file.php
) And no; I don't play Pokemon GO

zozer_firehood

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I'm zozer_firehood. Have been working with Denizen for about 2-3 years all thanks to Anthony for introducing me to it. I've been working with Python for the past few years too, but in the past year I learned Java and C# and picked up some Javascript and HTML.

Fortifier

Aug 6, 2016
Sup little bitches, I'm Fortifier.

I'm 20, I live in Australia and am currently a University student studying a Bachelor of Computer Science, and because of this I've been spending any time I have not in class either working on assignments or spending time with my girlfriend and friends. I have been programming and scripting for around 8 years, beginning with prank visual basic scripts on school computers, and hacking into the system in use at the institutions for shits and gigs to current day programming in Java, with experience in C#, Python, and PHP and other web markups and script languages (HTML, CSS, etc). I have an addiction to loud music and even louder sex. My most-listened artists being All Time Low, Pierce the Veil, my girlfriend, Blink-182, Lord of the Lost, In Flames, Marilyn Manson and some Flume mixed in every now and then.

I'm a Voice on the IRC and have contributed much to the Denizen project in the form of code and scripts and also hugs & kisses for mcmonkey. I've been using Denizen for just over a year now and have written a few scripts such as the first public Denizen IRC bot script, an Easy Sidebar script to display Scoreboards, a dBanker script for in-game currency and an essentials replacement, dCommander. Since joining the project I started contributing small pieces of Meta-Doc here and there, and eventually decided to test my hand at some actual code, doing lots of the menial tasks which no one else wanted to - and fixing pieces of Talamar's code here and there. From these menial tasks I became one of the developers for Depenizen with my massive contributions and regular presence (albeit I'm a cunt) in the IRC. Although I started strong with hundreds of contributions, I have all but completely disappeared from the community with university completely taking over my life, however I plan to change this after October, over break period where I hope to re-introduce myself into the community and maintain regular contributions until University resumes again.

I was the head developer and sysadmin for a Minecraft community known as Ichebod for a number of months, developing tens of private scripts for their server, however have since decided to withdraw from this position due to my studies and more pressing commitments.

Peace out cunts.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UprcpdwuwCg[/youtube]

BloodEko

Aug 5, 2016
Hey, I'm BloodEko, living in Germany.
It's now already a while ago i found denizen and started to make my own scripts. I heard on a minecraft website from this plugin and took a closer look. The featues looked amazing, a real scripting-language for minecraft ! At the end i found a nice community in the denizen irc channel which gave me answers to my tons of questions.
Thanks !
Some scripts i already are wrote: simple quests, daily quests , a armor-blocking script, some macros for worldedit, a shopsystem , a chest-loot script , and some more different, small scripts. The most of them are more mostly server-specific and not shared public.
But there are still many features/commands left in denizen i haven't tried yet.
Also I like rpg games(i.e. the fallout series, .. ) , and nice landscapes ( I've builded already some own in minecraft with voxelsniper & worldedit ).

Morphan1

Aug 6, 2016
Florida
morphanone.space
Hey. I'm Morphan1.
Currently 18, living in the good ol' sunshine state of Florida, specifically the space coast region.
I got Denizen experience. I got Java experience. I got Java experience for improving your Denizen experience.
I like space. Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.
I really really really REALLY love candy. You have no idea.
Seriously if you have candy, give it to me.
That's about it I guess.

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
HELLO

I'm BlackCoyote, I like to script, but I've never taken it more serious than a hobby since I already have a full time job composing music.

Because of this, I tend to use denizen to push the boundaries or make tools and APIs to make scripting easier, rather than releasing finalised enduser products. I've tried a lot of things like denizen powered interactive websites, and android apps. As well as various useful APIs offering something unique and new, like the instancing API.

In the meantime I also take care of a bunch of denizen related things on various other servers like for example Herocraft. Though you'll hardly notice me present there as I mainly work in the background.

If you have an idea that seems too crazy to work in denizen, and the devs like mcmonkey laugh at you for considering it, bring it to me and I might make it work.

Also, Morphan1 is my bitch

DNx

Aug 7, 2016
Hello,
I'm DNx.
I will edit this later if I've know how to english properly. :mrgreen:

Vellric

Aug 7, 2016
Helllo people of the world,

My name is Vellric and I'm 21. Living on Québec, I'm a guy who is often connected on the irc, just reading thoses crazy conversations between BlackCoyote, Anthony and mcmonkey or trying to help other users of Denizen the better I can do it.

I've started using Denizen some months ago, in middle March actually. Working on a Minecraft MMORPG server project, I don't have shared any scripts for now. I'm thinking about somes that would be useful for some people that I could make and share... maybe one day.

Most of my personnal time are invested doing Minecraft shits. This is a really cool game, you know.

Anyways, that's all. Take care people!

- Vellric

# Soit dit en passant, si des gens dans ce bas monde parlent français et se sentent un peu seuls avec tous ces anglophones, n'hésitez pas à venir discuter un peu dans notre belle langue de Molière ;)

Aberzhulan

Aug 7, 2016
Hello people in this strange corner of the internet!

I'm known as Aber. I inherited a Minecraft server network and I thought Citizens would be awesome to add, then my players wanted me to add stuff that Denizens only seems to be capable of. So, now I'm here because I'm slightly illiterate and need special help sometimes, lol.

Hoping to learn more about how to make scripts in a manner that doesn't have everyone facepalming hard enough to knock themselves out.

- Aber

I wish I paid more attention in French class.

sander758

Aug 6, 2016
Hello there,

I'm sander758 and im 17 years old and I currently live in The Netherlands. I own a server network and found out about denizen like a year and half ago. Since then I started writing scripts with literally no programming experience. I thought it was pretty cool and got further into programming.
Now i'm studying application developer and learning HTML, CSS, JavaScript and PHP. Also i'm planning on learning other languages like C# and Java.
Oh and I spend almost all of my spare time programming and learning new stuff.

So, thats about it.
- sander758

Goma_Terzu

Aug 6, 2016
Germany
www.toxicwars.com
Hey everyone,
I am Goma from germany and I am 31 years old. I enjoy long walks on the beach and asking the real questions, like "what is the tag for player again?"

Together with my small team of 6 people we are working on a german server that is going to be released in august 2016. It's a pity since basically nobody here understands german.

I feel like I am one of the early denizen users (started when world events and mcmonkey weren't even around). But I can assure you that this has nothing to do with my denizen-skills :D

xenmai

Aug 11, 2016
Hi there guys!
I'm Xenmai, from Spain. I'm 20 years old and studying Chemical Engineering. I've got many hobbies, including reading/writting, translating, coding (or trying to) and... jewelry crafting :D
I enjoy designing rpg gameplay a lot, as well as scripting it into Minecraft. I've just recently started feeling confident creating scripts, despite being around for over a year now. My only posted script is dFurnitureEditor, but I've played with plenty of interesting things, such as mirrors, holograms, minigames and airstrikes.
I'm really excited for the upcoming Denizen2Sponge, and try to help whenever possible, as well as in the chat.
Hope to see you around, and happy scripting!

Mormaii

Aug 12, 2016
Hi! I'm Mormaii from Argentina. I'm 23 years old and I'm a DevOps engineer working on web backend infraestructure for the biggest media conglomerate on my country. Although I have scripting experience in several languages I'm just starting with Denizen so you'll most likely see me on IRC asking stupid questions and bothering BlackCoyote.
I'm so glad I've found Denizen since It has helped me create lots of things that I wouldn't be able to since I haven't learn Java yet. My idea is to create an Medieval/RPG factions server and Denizen has proven to be more than great for it.
Shout out to mcmonkey also for having patience with my stupid questions <3

hmmcrunchy

Nov 2, 2016
UK
www.byte.org.uk
Hello there, I'm Hmmcrunchy. 35 years old (sorry luigi_vamp not quite able to steal your old git title), from Norwich in the UK. I work in IT technical support for companies, website design and hosting, and also have just started writing applications for business in visual basic.

Ive been playing Minecraft since 2011 (I think) when my daughter got me into it, you remember the old browser based one where water instantly flooded entire levels.

this sort of got me into Java and writing plugins for bukkit, I created my little server in 2012 and its still going, I love the medieval old style building and atmosphere, and try to make my server along those lines writing my own plugins to make it the way I want

I tend to try and write stuff that no one else has written, or has written and abandoned or that half works but not quite do what we need, hate reinventing the wheel.

Found denizen a while back and loved what it made possible, a whole new world of conversation and npc fun...

Just started watching westworld and been inspired to create my own little one too, with npcs having homes and backstories, almost real lives. players have reputations generally and local town reputation and all sorts of hidden chat stories..

My ambition I suppose is to create a world with as many npcs as I can muster each with a life of their own, guiding a player through the world and all the secrets I can hide away. (don't know if people find half the stuff I do, but I have fun writing it)

the only thing that limits me is my time :) as with all folk I only have time for so much