INACTIVE Mostly chat based script (VoidSpeak)

This post is not currently active and can be ignored.

Misquoth

May 4, 2021
Misquoth#2503 / 258789011135528970

Hi - I first attempted to get this done as a plugin, but the developer was somewhat lacking. It occurred to me recently that this might be possible via denizen.

I'm attaching the requirements sent originally for the plugin, I understand that something might need to change and I'm flexible about some things. It was originally going to be called language barrier, but VoidSpeak is what I'm going with now. default values in the examples might not be correct / appropriate.

Originally I was trying to make it flexible, but really, I only need one permissions group / chat group.

I'm looking to spend around $25-50

After this I have a more in depth idea.

///

Plugin Name: Voidspeak

Perms:

LB.chat1
LB.chat2
LB.chat3

variables in config.yml:

chat1-mask: "VOID"
chat2-mask: "VOID"
chat3-mask: "VOID"

chat1-garble: 20
chat2-garble: 20
chat3-garble: 20

chat1-attack-cost: 50
chat2-attack-cost: 50
chat3-attack-cost: 50

chat1-attack-damage: 10
chat2-attack-damage: 10
chat3-attack-damage: 10

wattack1-sound: SOME_SOUND
wattack1-dim: 30
wattack1-dim-duration: 3
wattack2-sound: SOME_SOUND
wattack2-dim: 30
wattack2-dim-duration: 3
wattack3-sound: SOME_SOUND
wattack3-dim: 30
wattack3-dim-duration: 3

wattack-cooldown:

COMMANDS:

/wattack [Player]

Functions:

If a player has LB.chat permission when they send a chat message anyone with that permission also we see the message as typed, anyone WITHOUT the permission will see the string set in the related chat-mask value.

If a player with the above permission whispers to a player with the same permission it displays as normal. For a person whispered to that does not have the permission, the text string for the whisper will have X% of the characters (set by garble config variable) replaced with the an animated glyph font character.

anyone with the chat perm can use the command /wattack [playername]. When this happens, the targeted player takes damage set in chat-attack-damage (actual not %), the targeted player will hear the configured sound and also have their screen dimmed for the configured duration. The targeted player receives a whisper chat of just the animated glyphs. this can be random or maybe configured by config.yml. The SENDER receives damage (%) of the configured attack cost. For the number of seconds in wattack-cooldown, a player who has used this command cannot heal.

OP should be excluded from any and all effects of this plugin.

/// Second project: budget $100-200

Plugin Name:Corruption

PERMISSIONS:

corruption.user
corruption.admin

CONFIG SETTINGS:

World that users with corruption.user perm are teleported to on destruction of the primary corruption node
banish-world:

#configurable distances from center of corrupted node in #of chunks
corrution-distance1:
corrution-distance2:
corrution-distance3:

#used for calculating change for block transformation at distance bins from center of Corrupted Node
corruption-percentage-at-1:
corruption-percentage-at-2:
corruption-percentage-at-3:

#time in minutes before a chance to transform a block in range of a Corrupted Node.
corruption-interval:

#single block type or array of types used for "corrupting" blocks
corruption-block:

# value used to apply corruption effects based on %of corrupted blocks in chunk
corruption-effect-ratio:

##Corruption EFFECTS

// Time for seed to become a working node
corruption_node_growth_time:
anticorruption_node_growth_time:

#configurable distances from center of anti-corrupted nodein #of chunks
anti-corrution-distance1:
anti-corrution-distance2:
anti-corrution-distance3:

#used for calculating change for block transformation at distance bins from center of anti-Corrupted node
anti-corruption-percentage-at-1:
anti-corruption-percentage-at-2:
anti-corruption-percentage-at-3:

#single block type or array of types used for "anti-corrupting" blocks
anti-corruption-block:

- Config settings to ignore / respect worldguard areas or towny towns

COMMANDS:

/corruption.status - gives the % complete of the corrupted node that the user is targeting (corrupted blocks in range / total blocks in range) or for the anti-corruption (non-corrupted blocks in range / total blocks in range)

CUSTOM ENTITIES (I can make these)

Corruption Node Seed
Anti-Corruption Node Seed

USAGE / EVENTS:

If a node seed is placed on the ground, it will spawn a related node in the configured amount of time (minutes)

- corruption users are affected during the day by a list on configurable status parameters (speed, attack damage, incoming damage reduction) and get negative effects during the day, and bonuses at night.

CORRUPTED Nodes:

- cannot be destroyed by normal means
- at configured interval, has a chance to have a random block in it's range transformed from current block type to configured block type or array of block types (if array, which block type is random, but maybe nice if we can set weights)

- cannot be placed in the area of effect of anti-corruption nodes
- must be placed in an area of influence of an existing corruption node. (except for the first one)
- A player can place a anti-corruption node seed on a corrupted node and that will destroy the node(UNLESS the beacon is at 100%). Corrupted blocks remain as is, unless uncorrupted by an anti-corruption node. But all other effects are gone.

- If a corrupted node reaches 100% then a player can place a conduit on a corrupted node and that will destroy the node, but also kill that player. corrupted blocks remain as is, unless uncorrupted by an anti-corruption node. But all other effects are gone.

- a block that is in the area of effect of an anti-corruption node cannot be changed, but another block is selected instead (unless all available blocks have been changed)

- the FIRST corrupted node created becomes the PRIMARY beacon. If this node is destroyed ALL other nodes are destroyed and all corruption players are teleported to the configured banish world. The first node starts at 100% complete (all blocks in range are corrupted)

- placing an obsidian block on an corrupted node randomly teleports you to another corruption-node (if there are any). obsidian block is consumed unless there are no other corruption-nodes. - this will not TP you to the primary node.

ANTI-CORRUPTION NODES:

- cannot be destroyed by normal means
- is destroyed by being enclosed in obsidian
- at configured interval, has a chance to have a random block in it's range transformed from current block type to configured block type or array of block types (if array, which block type is random, but maybe nice if we can set weights) - these blocks CAN be in the range of a corrupted node.

- placing a lapis block on an anti-corrupted node randomly teleports you to another anti-corruption-node(if there are any). lapis block is consumed unless there are no other anti-corruption-nodes.

- an anti-corruption beacon at 100% also provides a configurable amount of light for it's area of effect.

Additional features:

- configurable accouchements for (corruption / anti corruption node reaching 100%, beacons being destroyed and who by.

When the primary corruption node is destroyed both corruption AND anti-corruption nodes are removed (Game over)

event can also end with an admin command.

Last edited:

Cloudshadow

Feb 25, 2021
My discord ID is CloudShadow#1254 and I have the voidspeak script for misquoth. His original idea was for a plugin so the specifications had to be adjusted to fit a denizen script. He was accommodating when i proposed changes and focussed on the objective of the script. When the script was mostly done i showed it and made some minor tweaks. The payment went as agreed and after that i delivered the final script and config files. I will continue working with him and would recommend it to anyone considering it.

Reactions: Misquoth