dFurnitureEditor

xenmai

Aug 11, 2016
What it does:
It lets you create and edit props directly ingame through inventory GUIs. Simply create a new object and add parts to it. Currently available parts are: normal (holds an item, the commonly used part), sitting (let's you sit on it when you right click it) and fire (plays fire particles, handy for firecamps). It also lets you place and remove those props in the world. Could be called dFurnitureManager!
Here is a screenshot:
cd7592d222a3d72918dff0e88ddfc3e6.png

Sample stool and log are included :D
Links:
Script Repo For "stable" (hopefully) releases
Git Repo For even less stable releases, and issue/suggestion posting!
Note:
This is my first public script, so it has several flaws. First one of them is it lacks sanity checks so trolls don't break everything. I'll try to add it soon, as I'm constantly improving the script. I'm also aware of the lack of documentation, so feel free to personally ask me anything you might need in order to use dFurnitureEditor. I'm a Git noob too, so forgive me if I don't manage it too well, I'm starting! Hope to see you around, and happy scripting! ^^

Anthony

Aug 5, 2016
Great concept and a wonderful start to what promises to be an epic dScript!

xenmai

Aug 11, 2016
Good news everyone! After receiving feedback about my code I've been working hard to fix many issues and improve data structuring.

• - Now data is mostly stored in yaml files, avoiding unnecessary flags.
    - Placed props now have unique IDs too, so they are not location dependant anymore.
    - A new placed prop will be given the lowest unused ID, so the ID won't skyrocket stupidly.
    - Added new commands such as move, rotate and changeid, as well as improved others (edit mainly).
    - Added a whole bunch of sanity checks for user input as well as command arguments. Still lack some here and there, but it is harder to break now.
    - Now placed props get updated automatically when their model is edited. Having to remove and place it again was tedious.
    - Now the script doesn't force you to get the sample models on first start. If you want them, just follow the instructions on the repo description or github readme.
    - Added chair and table sample models. Here is a pic:
f5e36c492505d74b47179a1b4f9faf2f.png

That more or less wraps it up. As you can see it has been a pretty big change so I'd appreciate any further feedback.

Last but not least, a big thanks to people giving feedback and helping when I encounter an issue. Specially BlackCoyote and |Anthony|! Cheers ^^

xenmai

Aug 11, 2016
Yaw can be adjusted easily to the whole set of armor stands making a prop with the dfe rotate command. About the pitch, I'd have to adjust the armor stand head angles of each part individually, not taking into account their own angles. So I'd say that's kind of hard to do, sorry =/ If you come up with an easy way out, let me know.