Functional Bookshelves (MOVED)

jumpsplat120

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Jun 24, 2020
www.jumpsplat120.com
Functional Bookshelves has moved! Go check it out in the resources section!

Up for a little bit of roleplay? Want to give your library a little more use than decoration? Are you looking for a way to prompt your players to write more? May I introduce...
Functional Bookshelves

Simply download and drop in the self contained file, modify the clearly marked simply config section and KABOOSH! You'll have instant functional bookshelves to to use. This will work for all bookshelves anywhere, and cause the following:

A bookshelf can now contain a readable book. If there is no book on the bookshelf, then both right or left clicking will give you the same "this shelf is empty" message. However, if a player left clicks a written book on the shelf, the book will be placed onto the shelf for others to read. From then on, right clicking the shelf will allow players to view the title and author of the book contained on the shelf, while left clicking the shelf will "remove" a transient copy of said book. That book can be brought home for a night of comfy reading by the fire, and when you're done with it, simply click it within the inventory, or throw it on the ground to have to book vanish! The original version of the book will stay in the shelf until either the player who placed it there removes it with a shift click, or someone takes an axe to the shelf, burns it down, or blows it up.

The following video is a demonstration of the script in action...

I tried to keep the code very concise, and added a small config section near the top as well, for changing narrated lines. However, feel free to get in touch with me on Discord if you are looking for any help with the script, or encounter any bugs. As well, if you are using this script in any capacity, I would love to hear about it! Feel free to shoot me a message on Discord, Jumpsplat120#0001.

View the Github for access to this script, and all my other scripts: https://github.com/jumpsplat120/Denizen-Scripts/blob/master/bookshelf.dsc

Last edited: