D2 Timings Request

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
I couldn't find a better place to put this so deal with it :cool:

It'd be awesome if d2 could have some kind of timings report, which would be able to tell us how much load each script and each command inside the script are taking on the server

mcmonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Helper
I fixed it.

Yes, three types of timings will reasonably be available:
The Denizen classic event-based timings, so you can see which event is eating how much time.
The generic background Java timings systems.
And... a Denizen2 per-script timer thingy is reasonably likely to be added as well. (Which, I believe, this one is what you're asking about here)

However, "each command inside the script"... is too far imo. A lot of commands will run in so many nanoseconds, and we wouldn't be able to so much as produce a number for these cases, leading to more confusion than anything in these cases. I can see where it'd be useful, you want to measure whether BigImpactCommand1 is worse than BigImpactCommand2 (Where each is, for example, editing an entire chunk-full of blocks or something)
There will be tools available for a script to do precise timing of its own, and if you think you have a situation like the above, it'd be an excellent place to employ precise script timing tools.

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
giphy.gif