D2 Utilities

mcmonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Helper
Want a utility program for Denizen2? Talk about it here!

Planned:

1. Script compressor: Compresses several script files into one file. Also takes "Dependency" files, and performs special cleaning operations on them to make it safe to include in your script, even if other script use the same dependency data.
  2. Script "Compiler": Takes scripts and converts them to a java .jar plugin which can be loaded like a standard Sponge plugin, except they are still written in Denizen code!
  3. A high-powered script editor (IDE).

Anthony

Aug 5, 2016
:D
What about dIDE? Ya know... an IDE for dscript. Syntax highlighting, auto-complete, tool-tips for all things.

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
a powerful script parser hosted outside of IRC, perhaps on a web page, or perhaps included in that IDE

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
mcmonkey said:
BlackCoyote said:
a powerful script parser hosted outside of IRC, perhaps on a web page, or perhaps included in that IDE
You mean a script checker, like !ds on IRC? Will be available in the IDE.

yeah that's what I meant, cool :)

mcmonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Helper
BlackCoyote said:
mcmonkey said:
BlackCoyote said:
Proper integrated tracking that allows custom data variables?
Wot?

for public script tracking
Oh you mean a script tracker setup like what you have?

Eh, maybe. I'm hoping a service similar to mcstats but less terrible will get started up and we can take advantage of that.

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
I saw that you were complaining about how all extensions for this forum were very ill maintained, and that you stated you wanted to make your own forum, and already had a deal of backbone working. My thought was that the release of d2 might be a good moment to also introduce a forum that would solve the issues you were pointing out in the chat (hence I said it tied in with the conversation you were having).

But once again apparently this is trolling to you...
If you don't want to take my opinion serious, or just don't agree with it, that's one thing, but please don't go calling me a troll or something similar in the IRC channel for my attempts at genuine suggestions

(It makes me wee-sad.)