INACTIVE (INACTIVE) THELASTBLOCKBENDER is hiring Bungee/Cross server /back system

This post is not currently active and can be ignored.

chrismwiggs

Dec 16, 2019
Hi, hello! I am in the process of setting up a Bungee network and am finding a fatal flaw in most available bungee plugins when it comes to their built-in /back commands — they don't work cross-server! (In case /back is unclear, it's a command meant to take a player back to their previous location after they teleport/warp to a new location/die).

In a perfect world, I would like to be able to start on Server A, change/warp to server B, and when I do /back, I would be taken to server A in the location I left it. Very much like how Essentials handles /back on a single server (trying to make the network as least disruptive as possible).

I'm not a denizen expert, but it seems like this could be done by listening to teleport events, server change events, and player deaths. In theory, you could get + save (in MySQL!) the player's location, world, and server on teleport/server change/player death and then move them to that saved location on /back (both teleporting to the correct server, world, and xyz location on /back command). I'm sure there are other ways of doing this, but that is how my mind works! Money has suggested not to use MySQL and to check DepenizenBungee out. Open to suggestions on how to do this!

It sounds simple enough (again, this is why I need you to tell me if I am crazy :wink:), but I'm not really sure how feasible/complicated this would be to pull off correctly.

My budget for this is flexible; I'm comfortable with the suggestion of $15-$30/hr on this, assuming it wouldn't take 30 hours (and I assume it wouldn't!). Happy to talk about rates, timing, scope, etc. if anyone is interested.

My discord is chrismwiggs#4011, feel free to ping me! :grin: