dUtilLib Ideas!

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
Hey guys

Me and Anthony are working on a script utility library meant to put a bunch of tedious tasks into one script package to make scripting a lot easier.

We're looking for procedural things mostly. things that just process data in a specific way for you where you throw in an argument and get something else back!

If you have any ideas for this library, please let us know!

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
Mwthorn said:
It would be good idea to include a link so we know what dUtilLib already has ;)
the best place to see what currently is already included would probably be on the github page: https://github.com/BlackCoyote/dUtilLib

Mwthorn

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Aug 6, 2016
Roskilde, Sjælland, Denmark
ggpvp.dk
I suggest something that either checks or filter out symbols so an element only contains letters from 'a-z' and '0-9' and maybe _ as well for friendly use in flags or other things (such as the colorcode dUtilLib)

Anthony

Aug 5, 2016
Mwthorn said:
That is so dirt simple... I'll add it but once you see how easy it is you won't want to use the procedure script... you'll just want to do it directly...

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
Anthony said:
Mwthorn said:
That is so dirt simple... I'll add it but once you see how easy it is you won't want to use the procedure script... you'll just want to do it directly...

Might still be worth adding just as a reference and example as to how it's used!

mcmonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Helper
BlackCoyote said:
Anthony said:
Mwthorn said:

Might still be worth adding just as a reference and example as to how it's used!
Yup ^

In addition to linked and then used utilities, sample code is a great thing to have available.

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
https://github.com/BlackCoyote/dUtilLib/commit/0206b2dd29d419df2536edd6774ec3b53de56711

and there it is, thank you for the suggestion :)

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
3c074c745c958d25d5c5302710ed37ea.png

10/10 best suggestion

Mwthorn

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Aug 6, 2016
Roskilde, Sjælland, Denmark
ggpvp.dk
Recently I have experienced players done spelling mistakes and I want to correct their mistakes.
Examples with "/spawn" are: "/pawn" "/spawn%" "/spawn*" "/spa wn" "/spwatn"

A procedure that takes input as element-list and a element
This then should output an element, from the list, that is the closest element from the original.

Anthony

Aug 5, 2016
Mwthorn said:
There is already a tag that does this <[email protected]_all_partial[<element>]>

Code:
- define list 'li@spawn|home|town'
- narrate '<def[list].get[<def[list].find_all_partial[<context.command>].get[1]||1>]>'

Anthony

Aug 5, 2016
BlackCoyote said:
also you should add those thingies that return a full list of colours and what not that you already had somewhere

I've put something together, but idk if I'm 100% satisfied with it. Thoughts?

BlackCoyote

Aug 6, 2016
Anthony said:
Mwthorn said:
There is already a tag that does this <[email protected]_all_partial[<element>]>

Code:
- define list 'li@spawn|home|town'
- narrate '<def[list].get[<def[list].find_all_partial[<context.command>].get[1]||1>]>'

find_all_partial is kind of lacking when it comes to this. I have a buncho code somewhere that simulates server.match_player[] but with regular lists, i think this is what he would find more useful. I'll be adding it in.