dClasses

dClasses 0.2.0p1

Denizen Version
v1800 -> v1804
dClasses has been an on-off project for sometime. Originally, it was created to see how far I can push Denizen to do something it really wasn't designed to do, but eventually I realized that it could be a viable utility. I confirmed this when I essentially created the foundations of a Factions clone using it.

dClasses adds basically everything you would expect from your average object-oriented language; global attributes, access modifiers, inheritence support, polymorphism as well as a small (but growing) suite of in-built functions and methods. I should note, however, that one feature that is currently missing from dClasses is Java-style abstractions and interfaces. Although it is currently planned ;)

Here is a screenshot showing a sample class I created during testing:

f7uD7SR.png

(Sorry for the potty-mouthed comment lol)

Important Notes:
  1. dClasses is still very much in beta. While I'm mostly confident that everything should work like it says on the tin, you should still keep in mind that things can and will break.
    • It's also worth noting that dClasses uses a lot of non-standard hackery to implement a feature that is *quite* far removed from Denizen's intended paradigm.
  2. Most of dClasses' innards still have debug:true so if something goes wrong it may spit out some garble into your console.
  3. You are free to open issues or pull requests on the dClasses GitHub page if you have a problem that you want me to fix (or a fix you want me to review).

README & Beginner's Guide: https://github.com/ItsZyad/dClasses/blob/main/README.md
Script Documentation: https://github.com/ItsZyad/dClasses/blob/main/Documentation.md
Author
Zizio
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Zizio

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. Update 0.2.0p1

Bug Fixes: Fixed an issue which caused the Object task to ignore the first attribute in a...
  2. Hotpatch #1 (Unversioned)

Just a couple of errors I missed on the initial upload. I won't bump the version on this; I'll...